Who is Ascent Wealth Management ?
We are a Brisbane based financial planning practice that has over twenty-five years of history though our predessessor firms Henderson Financial Services and Ellis Gibson Financial Planning Services. Over this time the practice has been built on the strength of the ongoing service that we provide to our clients, particularly through our Financial Planning Service (or ongoing management) programme.
This service continues today due to the firm foundations laid through the years.
About Steve Nielsen
Steve has over twenty-five years experience in the financial services industry. Over the last twenty years in financial planning both as a financial planner himself, and also running the management and development of Financial Planners and other holders of letters of authority in geographic teams.
His academic qualifications include:-
- Bachelor of Commerce (HRM and Management), Griffith University Completed 1998
- Master of Business Administration (Org Change and HRM), University of Southern Queensland Completed 2000
- Graduate Certificate of Operations Management, Mt Eliza University Completed 2002
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, Six Sigma Academy, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA (Process Quality Management) Completed 2002
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Services Completed 2004
Steve is a Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australia (FINSIA), and holds the Asia Pacific Financial Services mark- Fellow Chartered Financial Practitioner (FChFP)
Steve holds the Self Managed Superannuation Fund Association of Australia (formerly SPAA) designation of Specialist Adviser